Recipes: Smoked Salmon Spear Sandwich
Prep Time: 10 minutes
What you need
• Best Maid/ Del-Dixi Fresh Pack Kosher Spears
• Coarsely ground black pepper
• 1 cup ricotta (preferably whole milk)
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced chives
• 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
• Freshly grated zest of 1 lemon (2 to 3 teaspoons)
• 8 thick slices crusty pumpernickel bread
• 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
What you do
Combine the spears, ricotta, chives, capers and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
To assemble the sandwiches, spread the ricotta mixture equally one side of each slice of bread. Top four of the slices with the salmon, then with spears. Top with the remaining bread slices, cut the sandwiches in half, and serve.